Location: Derryfield Park, Manchester, NH
Chip timed - New Accurately Measured, Relatively Flat 5K Course!
This fun and family-friendly event will benefit the homeless animals of New Hampshire.
Advance Registration: $25 per person age 13-up. 9-12 years $20.00, Kids 8-under FREE.
• Ceramic hand-made bowls for top three male and female finishers!
• Official Race Shirts for first 500 Registrants
• Commemorative age group awards
• Award for first "six legged" finisher
• Awards for top fundraising teams
• And much more!
For safety purposes, race participants will be separated into two waves. The first wave is for runners, with competitive runners at the front of the pack and recreational runners to the rear. The second wave, starting a few minutes later, is for runners with dogs, and walkers with or without dogs. Since this is a chip-timed event with a start mat, there is no disadvantage to starting in the second wave. This grouping will help the more competitive runners to sprint ahead without being inadvertently tripped up by a leash.
There will be a water stop at the approximate halfway point for both people and dogs.
To make this event as pleasant as possible for all involved we ask that all participants with dogs follow a few simple rules:
1. Please keep dogs on a short lead and have them walk or run close to you. As people maneuver through the pack during the race, we do not want them to be tripped up with long or flexi-leads.
2. Please be certain your dog is comfortable running at your pace before deciding to bring him or her. We want this to be a pleasant experience for everyone, the four-legged participants as well. If your dog is not comfortable running or stops and starts quite a bit, please consider walking with him that day for the safety of the others as well as for the comfort of your pooch.
3. Please pick up after all your dog's messes, including along the route. It is not pleasant for a runner or walker to step in an unexpected surprise!
4. As we are encouraging children and families to attend and participate, please be certain to watch your dog's reaction around crowds and especially children. Moms and dads: Please also keep an eye on your child's interactions with the dogs as some dogs are more reactive than others. We want this to be a fun and safe event for all involved!
Ample parking is available at and near the park.
About the ARLNH
The Animal Rescue League of NH was founded in 1902 and currently serves much of Southern NH, including the towns of Amherst, Auburn, Bedford, Brookline, Candia, Dunbarton, Francestown, Goffstown, Hollis, Hooksett, Litchfield, Londonderry, Lyndeborough, Manchester, Merrimack, Milford, Mont Vernon, New Boston, Peterborough, Wilton, and Windham.
For more information about the Animal Rescue League of NH click here.
Please Thank and Support Our Generous Sponsors!
For more information, contact:
Director of Major Events
Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire
545 Route 101
Bedford, NH 03110